Scarlatti CD/SACD Transport
Possesses the ability to unravel music like no other digital system - resulting in a performance that is simply stunning. Scarlatti needs no introduction and since its launch has been the recipient of awards across the world for its extraordinary performance both in terms of objective measurements and the subjective musical experience it offers.
Scarlatti Transport uses the TEAC Esoteric VRDS NeoTM mechanism which provides a brushless motor with heavy flywheel for stable disc rotation and super rigid construction. All signal processing and electronics in the transport is dCS.
Scarlatti Transport features a IEEE 1394 Firewire link which outputs dCS -encrypted DSD (1 bit data at the rate of 2.822MS/s) to a dCS DAC from CD or SACD. Scarlatti Transport upsamples CD data to DSD and transmits the data over the 1394 interface. SACDs are played in their native DSD format, again over the IEEE 1394 interface. Native CD data is available from 7 PCM outputs (2x AES/EBU and 4x SPDIF, 1x SDIF-2), as is down-sampled SACD data.
Scarlatti Transport is intended to be used with the matching Scarlatti DAC or with any suitable industry standard DAC. The unit may be run in Master mode or by using the DAC as the system clock. Performance will be enhanced further by adding the Scarlatti Clock to the system.
All of the Scarlatti products benefit from our ‘soft' approach to programmable logic which allows new software to be loaded from a dCS update CD to add new features and adapt to changes in digital formats.
- Upsampling CD/SACD Transport
- finish options
- Silver or Black
(W) 513mm x (D) 424mm x (H) 140mm/
(W) 20.2” x (D) 16.7” x (H) 5.5”
Allow extra depth for cable connectors
- CD mechanism
- Dual laser CD/SACD mechanism (Esoteric VRDS NEO™ mechanism).
- converter type
CD data is available as native 16/44.1 and upsampled to DSD.
SACD data is available as native DSD and down-sampled to 16/44.1.
- analogue outputs
- digital I/O
IEEE 1394 interface on 2x 6-way connectors. The interface outputs dCS-encrypted DSD (1 bit data at 2.822MS/s).
2x AES/EBU on 3-pin male XLR connectors. Each outputs CD format data (16 bits at 44.1kS/s), whether a CD or SACD is playing.
2x SPDIF on 1x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors. Each outputs CD format data, whether a CD or SACD is playing.
1x SPDIF optical on a Toslink connector, outputs CD format data, whether a CD or SACD is playing.
1x SDIF-2 PCM interface on 2x BNC connectors, outputs CD format data, whether a CD or SACD is playing.
- word clock I/O
Word Clock Output on 1x BNC connector. With the transport in Master mode, a TTL-compatible 44.1kHz word clock derived from the internal crystal oscillator is available on this output. The calibration accuracy when shipped is +/-10ppm, not temperature compensated.
Word Clock Input on 1x BNC connector, accepts standard word clock at 44.1kHz. Sensitive to TTL levels.
- clock frequencies
- 44.1kHz in Master Mode.
Calibrated within +/-10ppm,
not temperature compensated.
- residual noise
- spurious responses
- software updates
- Updates loaded by CD-R.
- software version
- local control
Philips Pronto™ programmable remote control is supplied with the Scarlatti Transport, or RS232.
The current dCS configuration for the Pronto is 2.10.
- power supply
- Factory set for 100, 115, 220 or 230 V AC, 49 – 62Hz.
- power consumption
- 25 Watts typical/ 40 Watts maximum.
World's Most Desirable Kit, What Hi-Fi
“To be honest the Scarlatti makes all other CD spinners sound positively crude”
Jason Kennedy, Hi-Fi Choice
- Scarlatti Transport upsamples Red Book CDs to DSD format and plays SACDs in their native format.
- All dCS products use a sophisticated multi-mode phase locked loop (PLL), which significantly reduces clock jitter.
- Faster, 100% accurate DSPs (within the bounds of their resolution) give improved filters revealing yet more fine detail.
- Higher capacity FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Arrays) give more logic capacity and increase the scope for additional features and enhancements.
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and increased tolerance to AC supply variations.
- 16-bit micro-controller for a generally improved control system.
- Aero grade aluminium chassis and laminated acoustic damping panels, reduce magnetic effects and vibration.
- The Scarlatti range features a low-power LCD display that makes the user interface easier to read, keeps the power requirements down and minimizes electrical noise.
- Our ‘soft' approach to programmable logic allows dCS products to adapt to changes in digital formats and add new features.
- Scarlatti Transport uses the Esoteric VRDS NEOTM mechanism featuring a brushless motor with heavy flywheel for stable disc rotation and super rigid construction.