How Can We Help?
Performance matters to us and we want you to get the best out of your dCS products and enjoy them for a long time. If you feel there is something not right in your system or you just want advice then you have come to the right place.
If you think there is a problem with your dCS unit, first check your manual to make sure your set up is correct. If you don’t have a manual you can download them from this page. There is also a list of Troubleshooting FAQ’s that may be able to solve your problem.
If you need further technical assistance then we advise you contact your local authorised dCS dealer or distributor. You can find your local dealer or distributor using our locator.
Should you need to contact our Technical Support team using our contact from, we can help you faster if you have the following information at hand:
- Unit Serial Number and Software Issue
- Make and Model of All Equipment in Your Setup
- Your Dealer’s Details
Your dCS Owner’s Manual contains all the information you need to get the best performance out of your dCS equipment. Owner's manuals for all of our current products are available here.
You can also use the links in the download column on the right to download archived manuals for our ‘Legend Products’. Whether you need a current or legend manual all you need to do is either Left-click on the manual that you want to download or alternatively Right-click on the appropriate manual (or CTRL-click on a Mac) and choose Save Target/Link As... to save the file to your computer.
Note: Some of these files are large and may take time to view or download, especially on slower internet connections. Please only download one file at a time and if you have any trouble using these links contact us using our web form, and we will email the relevant manual to you.
We have released the dCS Guide to Computer Audio to help you to set up your dCS system with a computer quickly and easily.
For dCS owners using Mac OSX we have teamed up with Amarra so that dCS owners can now obtain a free license of Amarra HiFi by following the instructions on the Amarra site.
As of July 2007 we no longer manufacture dCS professional products. There are number of reasons for this decision:
1. Our business since 1996 has increasingly been in designing and manufacturing the best consumer digital audio components in the world.
2. The increasing pace of change in the consumer audio world has opened up many exciting new product opportunities for dCS and our design team is fully engaged in the design and development of new audiophile products scheduled for release in 2008, 2009, and beyond.
3. In order to comply with environmental legislation such as Reduction of Hazardous Substances (ROHS) we redesigned our entire consumer audio product line. The effort involved in this project was huge but worthwhile. In order to continue selling professional products in Europe we would have to embark on an even larger project to ensure the same degree of compliance. This would divert our key people from their work in ground breaking products for the consumer audio world.
Support on dCS Professional Products
For those studios and engineers who own dCS professional products, we have chosen this time to stop manufacturing professional products, so that we can keep stock of the necessary parts to support our professional products that are now up to 10 years old.